Streaming customers spent a number of time with the Game of Thrones universe within the week following House of the Dragon’s premiere — however extra with the mum or dad sequence than the prequel.
Game of Thrones topped the acquired sequence chart — and ranked third amongst all titles — for the week of Aug. 22-28 with 909 million minutes of viewing time on HBO Max. House of the Dragon adopted its premiere night time blast of 327 million minutes of viewing with 741 million for the total week, with most of that by necessity being catch-up on the primary episode. Nielsen’s streaming rankings measure per week from Monday to Sunday, which means only some hours’ price of streaming of the second episode on Aug. 28 are a part of the full.
Still, House of the Dragon is the primary at the moment operating present ever to make the acquired sequence chart within the two-plus years of Nielsen’s streaming rankings. (It’s “acquired” as a result of Nielsen considers the HBO cable channel the house base for HotD, although each it and HBO Max are a part of Warner Bros. Discovery.) It additionally made the chart with solely two episodes beneath its belt; apart from preschool present Cocomelon (18 episodes), each different sequence within the aquired present high 10 has not less than 62 episodes.
Netflix’s Echoes topped each the general rankings and the unique sequence chart for the week with 1.12 billion minutes of viewing. The thriller stars Michelle Monaghan, taking part in equivalent twins who commonly swap lives — till considered one of them goes lacking. Disney+’s She-Hulk: Attorney at Law entered the chart in its second week of launch, rating ninth amongst originals with 390 million minutes. Hulu’s Only Murders within the Building (578 million minutes) improved by 39 % within the week of its second season finale.
Nielsen’s streaming rankings cowl viewing on TV units solely and don’t embrace minutes watched on computer systems or cellular units. The rankings solely measure U.S. audiences, not these in different international locations, and at the moment solely embrace Apple TV+, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, Netflix and Prime Video. Nielsen’s high streaming sequence for Aug. 22-28 are under.
1. Echoes (Netflix), 1.12 billion minutes seen
2. Stranger Things (Netflix), 890 million
3. The Sandman (Netflix), 681 million
4. Only Murders within the Building (Hulu), 578 million
5. Locke & Key (Netflix), 518 million
6. Untold (Netflix), 485 million
7. Virgin River (Netflix), 471 million
8. Never Have I Ever (Netflix), 433 million
9. She-Hulk: Attorney at Law (Disney+), 390 million
10. Glow Up (Netflix), 336 million
1. Game of Thrones (HBO Max), 909 million minutes
2. NCIS (Netflix), 770 million
3. House of the Dragon (HBO Max), 741 million
4. Cocomelon (Netflix), 677 million
5. Bluey (Disney+), 615 million
6. The Big Bang Theory (HBO Max), 606 million
7. Grey’s Anatomy (Netflix), 567 million
8. Friends (HBO Max), 460 million
9. Breaking Bad (Netflix), 397 million
10. The Blacklist (Netflix), 392 million