Image via The Pokemon Company
One of the best parts of any Pokemon game, especially Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, is the ability to trade Pokemon with your friends. A long time ago, you used to need what was called a link wire to trade with your friends. This was literally a cable that you would connect from one console to another so that you could send Pokémon to your friend’s game cartridge. Fortunately, that will no longer be necessary! You will be able to trade with your friends using two methods in the latest installment of the popular franchise.
Related: Best Nature for Magikarp and Gyarados in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
How do you trade scarlet and violet pokemon?
The two ways to trade Pokémon Scarlet and Violet are as follows:
- link trading
- You can start a link exchange by opening the main menu and selecting the Poké Portal option.
- If you are trading with a friend offline, continue. If not, press the button L button to connect to the internet.
- Here, you can choose the Link Trade option followed by the + button to set up a link code.
- Select the option to start searching. When your friends connect with you, they must enter your same Unique Link Code in order to continue.
- surprise trade
- You can initiate a surprise trade by opening the main menu and selecting the Poké Portal option.
- You will automatically be connected to the Internet at this point if you are not already connected.
- You will then be prompted to choose which Pokemon you would like to part with.
- Then a search for a business partner will begin. When one has been found, a green checkmark will appear at the top right of the screen. You can always cancel the Surprise Trade by returning to the Surprise Trade window.
For more Scarlet and Violet Pokémon, check out The Best Nature for Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet and The Best Nature for Happy, Chansey, and Blissey in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet only in Pro Game Guides.