Screenshot from Pro Game Guides
Vespiquen is a Bug and Flying-type Pokémon that evolves from Combee and can be quite powerful early on in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. He has good bulk and can learn a good variety of moves that make him a valuable addition to any team. This may leave you wondering how to evolve Combee into Vespiquen in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
How to get Vespiquen in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
To evolve Combee into Vespiquen in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, you need to breed a female combee a level 21. Combee will only evolve if it’s female, which means you can’t get a Vespiqeun by leveling up a male Combee. the Down is that males have an 87.5 percent chance of spawning, while females only spawn 12.5 percent of the time. This means that you may have to spend some time finding a female Combee.
Related: How to get Oinkolgne in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
If you’d rather not try to find a female Combee to evolve, you can find a wild Vespiquen instead. We have marked the location below, but found ours in the fields east of Cortondo. When we found it, the Vespiquen was at level 25.
This may be the easiest route, as female Combees have a low spawn rate, similar to starter Pokemon and Salandit. Catching the Vespiquen will not only guarantee that you get Combee’s evolved form, but a female form as well.
For more information on Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, see What Are the Odds of Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Male vs. Female? and All Trade Evolutions in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet in Pro Game Guides.