Wube Software boasted Factorio’s achievements, including sales results.
- Factorio Already found more than 3.5 million buyers. In February last year, the developers announced that it had exceeded 3.1 million copies.
- Sales are steady at around 500,000 units per year. This is all the more impressive because the game has never been discounted and the developers are not planning any sales.
- In October 2022 Factorio Launched on Nintendo Switch. To date, the console has sold over 40,000 copies. Interestingly, of this number, 40% were sold in Japan.
- Factorio It continues to be highly praised by gamers. Pi steam 97% of player reviews praised the title, which was characterized as an “overwhelmingly positive” reception.
The developers are constantly working on the game. Upcoming plans include adding full Steam Deck support and implementing mouse and keyboard support in the Nintendo Switch release. We can also expect new items – they’re teased in the Christmas card you’ll find at the top of this article.
High popularity of mods for Factorio
The developers also shared some stats on the mods Factorio. In 2022:
- Mods have been used by 638,000 players who have downloaded more than 41 million modifications;
- 1686 new mods and 7227 updates to old projects were released last year;
- In 2022 there were 1221 active modification developers.
Developers are constantly working to make life easier for mod creators. Last year, a survey was conducted in which creative fans could express themselves on what they needed and the results would shape the direction of the game in this regard. Some of the community’s suggestions have already been implemented, including the improvement of mod categories.